Monday, June 23, 2014

Still on Track

Sunday I was without kids again, so I made a couple of grocery stops after church.  I went to Target, Aldi's, and Dillon's, and once again, I made it a point to buy the majority of my groceries at Aldi's. 

We really like the Honey Oat Bagels at Target, so I went ahead and picked some more up since Aldi's does not sell this flavor of bagel.  I also picked up some Smucker's Natural peanut butter, since the natural peanut butter at Aldi's still contains sugar.  All together, I spent a little over $9 at Target.

At Dillon's, I just bought milk.  Thankfully, it was on sale for $2.99 per gallon, so I just spent over $6 on milk that should last us through the week.

Finally, at Aldi's, I purchased many of my typical items.  My total was only $34.91 for 15 items, and that was with buying a bag of chicken at $5.99. 

With only 7 days left in the month, I have spent $322.88 on groceries.  I don't see any problem with staying with the $400 budget this month. 

Next month will require some planning because I am nearly out of beef.  My mom and I usually split a case from Sam's, so the meat will last me for quite a few months, but the initial outlay is a little painful.  I guess that means I should really limit my spending for the rest of this week so I can use that extra money for meat next month.

No comments:

Post a Comment