Tuesday, July 15, 2014

A Little Bit of Baking

I love to bake.  I usually hate to buy baked goods at the store because I know that I can make the same product at home that will often cost less and taste a little better.

Yesterday, I took advantage of the cooler weather and made some banana bread.  Before bed, I mixed up the ingredients for Buttermilk-Blueberry Breakfast Cake so I could bake it this morning. 

I did not get a picture of the banana bread (it is already half eaten), but here is a view of the cake.  The cake did great after sitting in the refrigerator over night.  I sent some of it to work with my husband, and I placed what we did not eat this morning in the freezer so we can have it for breakfast again another time. 


I do not typically keep buttermilk in the house, so I added a 1/2 tblsp of lemon juice to the 1/2 cup of milk instead.  The result is definitely cake-like.  I did not sprinkle the extra sugar on top, but it would add a little more sweetness to the cake.  One could also make a glaze to put on top, and it would be quite delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment