Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Didn't Quite Make It

Well, in the interest of full disclosure, I have officially gone over our grocery budget for the month.  As of today, we have gone over by $18.80.  I don't foresee having the buy any groceries before Friday, so I am hoping this will be all the overage we have this month.

Of course, the total would be a little higher, but my mom bought my groceries at Sam's the other night.  I had discussed the Sam's trip with my husband and the possibility of going over.  We do not have a Sam's membership, so we were willing to go over since the opportunity had presented itself.

Part of our overage came from our habit of drinking Coke Zero.  We were nearly out and Target had it on sale 4 for $12.  Unfortunately, I had to by 4 packs in order to get it at that price, so it set me over.  Do we need to drink Coke Zero?  No.  On most days, we only drink a can or two each, but that does add up rather quickly. 

I'm pretty optimistic about next month since we only went over by $20 and that was with buying 40 lbs of beef at the beginning of the month.  I won't need to buy any more beef for 2 or 3 months at least, so I won't have that expense for a while. 

No comments:

Post a Comment