Friday, July 11, 2014

Yogurt Prices

I mentioned in an earlier post that I do not plan to buy yogurt from Aldi's because the only non-Greek yogurt they sell contains aspartame, so while I stopped at Target the other day, I went to check out their yogurt prices and received quite a shock.

I could not believe the price of the non-Greek yogurt, even for the store brand.  Not that long ago, the store brand cost $1.99 for a quart, but earlier this week the shelf listed $2.49 as the price.  The previous $2.49 price for Dannon yogurt now reads over $3.00. 

I decided to wait and check out the price at Dillon's since I needed to stop by there to pick up milk.  Fortunately, the store brand was on sale for $1.99. 

If the price increase at Target is an indicator of prices to come, I might have to really cut back on our yogurt consumption or else try my hand at making my own.


No comments:

Post a Comment