Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Yikes

Today is July 8 and so far I have spent over half our grocery budget.  Now, this does include buying 40 lbs of hamburger at the beginning of the month, but I am still a little frustrated at how much I have spent on other items.

Where has the money gone?  Some of it went into replenishing our snack supply.  This is one area where I know I spend too much money, even if I am buying the snack items at Aldi's.  We also went to a cookout at our friends' house for the 4th, so I spent some extra money on food items to take.  Aldi's caught me unprepared on the 4th.  I planned to go to Aldi's to buy the food items, forgetting they would be closed.  I went to Dillon's instead and spent at least $5 more on the items than I would have spent at Aldi's.

To recap, there are 23 days left in July, and I have $150.00 to spend on groceries.  I keep telling myself I can stick to our budget if I plan carefully and don't give up, so I am going to try and do my best to only buy the food we really need and to be even more deliberate in using up the food in our pantry.

No comments:

Post a Comment